Thursday, January 5, 2012

Totally not Makeup related--but every beauty needs to eat:)

If you are like me, the last thing I want to do when I get home, is spend another hour in the kitchen. But unfortunately myself and my family have to do it. Darn! And one of my goals this year is to make more yummy meals! And not only yummy, but quick ones! Because my time with my husband and son are super precious to me, and I want to hang out with them after work, rather than slaving in the kitchen! So I decided to dust off my slow cooker, and google some meals. Time to tackle the intimidating world of meat!

Well I have discovered that meat preparing is not so scary, and that my slow cooker does all the work! I made some amazing pulled pork! Pat me on the back, and hand me an apron! I am an amazing BBQ Chef now too! Add that to my awesome list!

SO here is the super easy pulled pork recipe:

*2 pound pork tenderloin--unseasoned
*1- 12 ounce can of root beer--- I don't even like rootbeer, but this is great!
*1-18 ounce bottle of your favorite kind of BBQ sauce (I used a Honey BBQ one)

Stick the pork loin (out of it's pakage of course) into your slow cooker--mine is a 2 quart one. Pour in the can of Root Beer. I actually only had a 2 liter, so I poured enough to cover half of the pork loin.  Cook on low for 7 hours. This is where you have time to work, sing some songs and dance or snuggle your family or your pets--- Once the 7 hours is up, drain all the juices/root beer from the slow cooker. I just took out the loin, and stuck it in a serving bowl, and drained the slow cooker, which worked out great for the next step--which is shredding of the pork.  Take 2 forks and go to town shredding the pork loin. It fell apart like buttah! MMMMMMMM. Once the pork is all shredded, place it back in your slow cooker. Take your BBQ sauce and pour it in. Mix your pulled pork and heat a bit more!  I served mine on  Onion/Poppy Seed buns and served Sweet Potato Fries with ours! So delicious! My hubby had 2nds, and my 15 month old actually ate it, rather than playing with it! YUMMMM-O!

And because every post deserves a picture, here is a picture of Cooper's dinner:)



Try it out! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Kiss, Hugs and FOOD in your crockpot and belly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment