Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sealed with a Kiss!

Primer Power!!!!

I love me some long lasting eyeshadow without the creases--don't you? Yes! You do! I have used a couple here and there, and tried them out-- some passed the test, some did not.

Why do I need a primer, you ask? *It gives your eyeshadow staying power. *Even eyeshadows with not the best pigment can get a little boost from this, and enhance the color and make it a bit more bold. *Smooths out wrinkly eyelids. Here are 2 that I like---p.s. I gravitate to the LA Splash one a bit more.

1. Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is really nice. It goes on smooth, and silky feeling on your eyelids. However, I do not like it for mine all the time. I am lucky with my eyelids, where I do not have wrinkly lids, you may laugh at that, but it's true. I have a large eyeball area, lacking wrinkles. When I am working on clients with a smaller eyelid area, and a little more wrinkly, I use this on them. Why does this make a difference? Not sure-- but I found that it wasn't the best for all eyelid types. I use this when I am doing a really dark smoky eye. Because it is not as "thick" as the one I am going to mention below. And it's easier to blend with. So I do use this one at times, but it's not my absolute fave for every eye.

2. LA Splash Splash Proof Sealer/Base

This one I LOVE! It is a bit thicker, and more "gummy" then Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Your eyeshadow will not budge. Your eyeshadow will not crease. It's spectacular. I don't apply the primer with the handy dandy wand. I take the wand and it's contents and apply it to my pointer finger first and then I apply it to my entire lid, all the way up to my brow bone.

A couple of tips, since this is some powerful staying power: 1. Make sure to apply a thin layer to your entire lid, and blend it out well at the edge of your eye. Because when this stuff is on, it's on. And if you have a part that is a bit thicker in some spots, it will be more difficult to blend your eyeshadow. 2. Make sure that it is completely dry before you start applying your eyeshadow. Because if it's still a little damp, then again, it will be hard to work with your eyeshadow. I usually put this on after I put my foundation/concealer on that way I give it enough time to chill on my eyelid to dry. I sing a song after I put it on, which I find is the perfect amount of time to wait for it to dry. Do I really sing while I put on my makeup? Why, yes! Of course I do! Who doesn't? hehe

So yeah--- check them out, see which one works best for you!

More Kisses and More Hugs, and More Makeup!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write... I' ve already learned a lot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you so much! And I am happy to teach:)

    ReplyDelete