Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TOP 5: Mascaras!

Hi y'all!

I know I promised you a video review on my fave blush---but I ordered more products from them yesterday, so I am going to wait to do the video review on my secret fave cosmetics once those arrive! So excited to share it with you! I was inspired by this post from a good friend that posted on my wall on FB. She wanted to know what my favorite mascara was. So that sparked my post, since I do have a lot of faves! And then I think I am going to do a post like this every week naming my "Top 5" products! Oh happy day!

I want to share with you my top favorite mascaras of all time! (well to this point in my life) since I am sure there will be a plethora of mascaras I will try. I have long lashes. Yes, lucky me. But they are not as voluminous as I would like them.  So when I set out to find mascara these are the qualities that I prefer, which may not be what you seek--- I look for a mascara that thickens without clumping, does not flake, feels natural and not ooey gooey, or dry, and that is buildable and just plain awesomeness. Oh and I only want to put on 1-2 coats of mascara. So the one's that I favor all do those things.

Here they are in no particular order:

P.S. I never buy waterproof mascara, but if that is what you prefer, then all of these mascaras offer the waterproof version. Also, all mascara's I buy are about $6-10 in price range:) I'm cheap like that. I also wear contacts, and all of these are suitable for contact lens wearers.

1. L'Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara

Choosing a mascara formula is similar to choosing nail polish in my opinion. You know when you get a lower brand of nail polish, and you end up having to do a million coats for the color to pop--since the formula is so thin? Not cool. That is why I love this mascara! 1 coat is all you need, and you have great lashes that are thick and long! Consider it like the OPI of mascaras! It is not an ooey gooey formula, so it doesn't feel all clumpy, and my lashes look amazing! And it's my all time favorite!

2.  Maybelline "The Falsies" Volum Express in "Black Drama"
This mascara works wonders for making your lashes fuller and longer! It contains fibers too that really "plump up the volume" and give you the illusion of "fake lashes", but without looking too dramatic. The brush on this is curved, and it really helps you get to the base of your lashes with ease. I really liked the formula for this one. It is buildable, but if you put too many coats on, you can look a smidgen clumpy, so stick to only 2 coats of this one. Wonderful mascara!

3. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

This was the very first mascara I ever owned. My mom had it in her makeup bag, so naturally it was my first one I purchased. They have come a long way with it since it first came around. This mascara has so many wonderful qualities! The applicator is an awesome size to get those little lashes that are hiding. The formula is silky smooth. And the blackest black color is great! Plus my favorite part of this, it is so easy to remove and wash off. A lot of mascaras are not the easiest to remove, but this one is! Also, this one is good for the girls out there that want more of the natural, less thick lashes, and are looking for a good coating, with length. If this mascara had a motto it would be "Simplicity is Genius".  :)

4. Maybelline Intense XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara
This mascara is super cool! I like this for special occasions where I really want to wow people with my peepers. The first step is to apply the "white microfiber coat". Then step 2 is to apply the intense color top coat! I actually put 2 coats of the white, and then follow up with 1 of the black. Talk about thick and dramatically awesome lashes! This one is also non drying, and very easy to wash off as well. The only downsize is if 1 of the 2 steps runs out before the other, then you tend to not want to finish the product. But other than that this one is a fun one to use, but I don't use it every day.

5. Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara
Whenever I try Rimmel products, I am pleasantly surprised by the product, especially for the price! Plus they have cute packaging. I am a sucker for marketing, and when I saw this, I thought about black kittens wearing pearls, and sitting on a pink tufted chair. So of course, I had to purchase the mascara, due to this vision. And I was so happy with this mascara! Looks cute, and is purrrrrfect.  ;) I loved how teeny tiny the wand was. Because that part makes a big difference. You can get all up in there to those small lashes, and get really close to them! It separates them nicely, and is not drying. It's buildable too for daytime, and simply throwing a coat on for the evening!  Very great mascara, and a very great price!

So there you have it folks! Those are my Top 5 Mascaras that I highly recommend to you!  If you have any other ideas for the Top 5, let me know!

Have a wonderful day my lovely friends and fam!

Kiss! Hug! and Luscious Lashes!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle
    The Voluminous is one that I have used for years! Another great quality of that line is that they come in an onyx black that is really dark and makes your eyes pop. The downside is that you usually have to wash your eyes twice to get it all the way off at night.

    Just so you know!! :)
    Love your blog its so much fun to read!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy! I am going to have to try the Onyx , because I LOVE that mascara, and I think the one I have is the good ol' black one! I am going to look for Onyx next! Thank you for letting me know:) And thank you for liking my blog!

      Delete